Shrimps With Coconut
Combine the tropical sweetness of coconut with the delicate flavors of shrimp in this exotic snack.
- Air Fryer
- 1/2 cup chopped unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup Panko
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, processed, cooked and peeled
- Ghee spray
- Salt and pepper
- On low heat, in a shallow pan, toast the coconut for a few minutes until it turns golden brown.
- Add the coconut milk to a shallow bowl.
- In another shallow bowl, mix the Panko and toasted coconut and stir.
- Dry the shrimp with a paper towel and dip in coconut milk, then stir it in the Panko.
- Preheat the fryer to 400 ° F. Place the shrimp in the fryer in one layer, in batches as needed.
- Air fry them for about 7 minutes, until it turns golden brown.
- Add salt and pepper.
If you make shrimps in your air fryer, you will ensure a crispy crust that will not fall apart and fall off. Not to mention, you reduce the amount of fat by skipping the frying oil. We double the taste of coconut by using canned coconut milk as a breading glue. You can also easily use this recipe to create crispy coconut chicken!